Materials:-Half Doll, Tassel Doll or Doll Head
-Wooden Dowel, Cut 12 inches, 3/4 thick or wooden dowel to fit the doll piece
-Acrylic paints: Black and Pastel Color Palette
-Fabric Remnants: Crinilon, Tulle, Lace, Velvet,etc.
-Papers: Wall Paper, Piano Paper, Crepe Paper
-Embellishments: Trims, Ribbons, Broken Jewelry
-Glue: E-3000, Clear Caulk, Hot Glue, Hot Glue Sticks
-Glitter, Mica Flakes
1. Insert the fitted wooden dowel into the doll piece, glue in place with E-6000 glue or clear caulk, let dry a few hours.
2. Paint your wooden dowel with the acrylic paint of your choice, let dry.
3. Start embellishing your doll wand with a fabric, crinilon, lace or paper to make a neck collar.
4. Add broken jewelry bits, old buttons, rhinestones, trims on the dolls neck collar, and her hair using hot glue.
5. Finish with glitter or mica flakes where desired.
Project Options and Tricks:
-Add a crown/tiara to doll head, glue in place with E-6000 glue or caulk.
-Wrap ribbon, velvet, lace, piano paper or crepe paper around the wooden dowel.
-Cover the doll hair in rhinestones, sequins or glitter.
-Add fairy wings, millinery flowers or halo to the doll.
DIY Cactus Art
2 months ago